Ever the fan of conspiracy theories, I try to always observe the way a statement is constructed as well as the message that it is trying to convey before I make up my own mind on a thing. I try to ask questions and I even try to observe the 'teller' of the story to see whether they have a 'reason' behind their stories.
In other words, I find myself in the position where I question everything so as not to be 'played' by high thinking 'playmakers.'
There are a couple issues not sitting quite right with me so I thought I would put pen to paper (or fingers to keys as it were) and see how the story reads if I were to retell it.
I pass an empty lot of land at least six times a day sandwiched between Powder Magazine and the last Administration's Diego Martin Housing project which used to bear a billboard promising a swimming pool for the youths in the area, granted by the then Government to commemorate our success in swimming.A friend of mine told me that a friend of his (a real moneyman) was approached by parties representing this piece of land seeking investment capital to develop it.
Now, I could be wrong in all of my assumptions in this, so I am asking the following questions:
- Was this property ever State land?
- Was this property ever State land?
- Was it given to the people of Trinidad & Tobago, the Trinidad & Tobago Swimming Association, Piranha's Swim Club, Anil Roberts or some other entity of which I am not aware?
- Is this now a private enterprise?
- If the assumption is correct that the property was granted to 'some entity' representing the youth and swimming public, is it still a 'public' property or is it now private property?
- If it was in fact a gift to the public swimming community, has it been repurposed for say, a hotel and shopping mall?
- If it is public property then I have to ask where is the pool? (I looked down on the site from the elevation of the walkover and saw puddles, but no pool)
If it is not too much to ask, I would like to call on the Honorable Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Mr. Anil Roberts, both in his capacity as the now Minister of Sports and the then head of the Swimming Association to shed some light on this so as to distance himself from any appearances, assumptions or allegations of impropriety.
Now, if it turns out that this is in fact private property, then I would accept that I am being 'farse and outta place' and leave the people business alone. (I have included a photo to jog the Minister's memory, the transaction having taken place so long ago).
I am sure the transfer of State property to private hands in this instance was done completely above board and no further questions need to be asked.
And this 'friend' who give me this information sell me 'basket' before, so I am giving the Honorable Minister the benefit of the doubt.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.