Friday, April 1, 2011

PNM R.I.P. (Nothing left to say)

Almost daily when I look around at the death and destruction being wrought in this country caused by the greed of a few I think of packing up my family and leaving these shores.

What was done to this nation and by extension a large section of its people by the cruel and unfeeling PNM administrations that had domination over them for so long is nothing short of organized crime and somebody should be made to pay.

An estimated one hundred and fifty thousand people live lives of utter desperation in this land of plenty.

Confined to a small geographical area, their problems should realistically be no one else's problems, but their reaction to their condition is the fuel of violent crime which is being felt island wide and that is what makes their condition everyone's problem.

There is no escaping the twinning of poverty and crime, and the pauperizing of a sector of society and the creation of a social underclass either by accident or design is the only real issue to be dealt with and, if dealt with effectively would return this country to paradise in quick time.

We must not bury our heads in the sand on this one and I believe that the only activism worth fighting now is the plight of our black brothers and sisters in the ghetto, and the expenditure of effort and treasure to raise their condition and their surroundings to something like acceptable standards for a (hopeful) first world nation.

I have made a suggestion to this Government that the name of Beetham Gardens should be changed to PNM Gardens, the name of Laventille to Balisier Park and Morvant to Manning Heights so that the people of this nation in general and those in those depressed and squalid areas in particular will never forget on whose watch and through whose dereliction their lot in life was enshrined.

Politics in this country is a dirty and mind numbing business, and so much of the social ills that plague our nation have such deep political roots that to change anything one has to change the way we express ourselves politically. 

To resolve a crisis one must first confront it.

I have been told of a PNM plot afoot to destabilize the country and make it ungovernable using mass labor unrest and racial conflict and if this is true it is unforgivable to the extreme and must be recognized for what it is and resisted nationally.

We had hoped that with his (Dr. Rowley's) ascension to power in the PNM that he would have brought reason to bear and would have begun the process of identifying the culprits who misused their opportunity at the helm to enrich themselves at the people's expense, but this does not appear to be happening.

I have also been told that he is besieged within the Party and is under constant challenge from all sides making such a position untenable; if this is indeed the case then internal change is impossible and the people of this country need to turn away from the PNM and discard it as political history.

We the people of Trinidad & Tobago need to mount a rescue operation for the people in the at risk communities and save them from the destitution imposed on them to keep them subservient and enslaved in total poverty and squalor.

There should be none of us living below the poverty line and we the people have the power to make it so.

Racism should be given no quarter in our plural and multi-ethnic society, and the Government is advised against being drawn into a war of words that can help nothing or no one, save and except for the disingenuous few and needs to be seen for what it is, the last gasps of a dying 'once great' political Party. 

11 comments:

  1. I've been told that fairies give me money for my teeth. What's your point? The focus right now is on the government we elected. They are failing miserably. Two controversies are dominating the headlines now having to do with their apparent racist politics and pussyfooting to deliver justice on their party financiers yet you find something to talk about concerning the PNM? They were voted out of office, get over it. I thought you were independent but you're just really showing your colours just to be a total COP stooge now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself was wondering what was his point, its the PP in government now and its almost one year in office. All I keep hearing is the PP cant do this, cant do that because of PNM people, food prices rising its because PNM did not do something, crime still going on its PNM fault, racial strive growing now its PNM to blame, I guess all the excessive trips by Kamla, the lack of transparency by this government, the wastage of money, the roads that are being fixed and pot holes instantly return, the absence of Ministers going to their constituency office, and I can go on and on, all this is happening because the PNM making them do it. Sorry but that just does not make sense, the PP is failing because they are sad to say incompetent and for the sake of this country they need to be voted out of office and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so much rubbish i dont even know where to begin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elections come and gone so long ago but it seems like the UNC and COP you are still stuck in the past blaming the PNM for shit bthat the UNC and COP is building on immensely I may add. Wake up, smell the coffee and kick the UNC and COP in the ass instead of pissing and moaning about the past...Oops! I forgot pissing and moaning is a prerequisite for COP membership.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree had it not been for eerily similar circumstances back in 1990.

    At least this time we know what they're trying

    ReplyDelete
  6. The PNM planning that? How could a dead party as you say,be the mastermind behind uprising? Today is really April 1st lol! Good one Phillip!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phillip, it's not just those places that you mentioned. The middle class has been eliminated by the past regime by allowing the cost of home ownership to spiral out of control. What young person is there that can realistically afford to purchase a home. But, I also agree it's time to stop blaming the PNM for the PP's inability to move the country forward. People voted for change. I also agree with you that the country is ripe for a repeat of the 90's. I can't say it's orchestrated or not. There's so much discontent

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is legitimacy in the points about neglected communities, but we need to see way beyond the north and laventille, morvant and beetham. please expand your horizons beyond and recognise that the poverty you refer to exists in indian communities as well, south and east of the lighthouse.
    One question that has not been answered by anyone is: how does the present gov'ts inability to deal with real issues and their weekly (oftimes daily) missteps, lack of transparency and their own ideologies expressed by Nizam have to do with the pnm and 1990? How does their inability to name boards and have a firm economic plan leading to an economic stand still have to do with the ousted party or any past gov't including unc? I just dont get it? Kindly enlighten me.
    what we see in tnt is a collective inability to deal with social problems whether under nar, pnm or unc.......it has always been self first and very little collective social responsibility ......whether for black people in marginalized communities or indians or indigenous peoples.
    i am personally tired of finger pointing and focussing always on black people .....
    steups

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very sorry, but after tonight I ma not going to be publishing 'Anonymous' posts, and any post with a name will be added, regardless of their contribution unless it is totally racist or inflammatory.

    Thank you for your understanding

    ReplyDelete
  10. My concerns are that there are plans afoot to destabilize the country using labor unrest and this new race thing.

    Trinidadians cannot be so foolish as to throw themselves into the fire for someone else's political agenda, are they?

    I was the biggest critic of this Government and will remain vigilant to abuses, but what is happening now is just plain politicizing everything to make the country appear ungovernable.

    We could do a lot better than that in my opinion

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.