Overheard in a bar - "For all the bless we bless we ent playin' we have some mooks in this Gova-munt ting nah?"
I heard a joke once that goes "Just when you figure out how to make ends meet around here, somebody moves the ends."
In like manner, just when you think you know just how cuckoo this place is, someone says something to make you question your understanding of the definition of cuckoo.Take the story of Anil's quest for personal glory by, wait for it, wait for it, challenging Winston Dookeran for the post of Leader of the Congress of the People.
No I am not joking, read on.
When I first heard that such a story was written and printed, I swore to myself that either the writer or the Editor was drinking a little; when I finally got a chance to read the story for myself and realized that not only was the writer relaying the truth but that the Parliament's jester DID in fact make those statements, I thought I should drink a little.
Really Anil?
Leader of a Political Party?
Did you mix up your happy pills with your vitamins this morning?
Seriously, the Leader of a Political Party must in essence be qualified to run the country and I would not trust Anil to run an errand; his quick pick MP position based on Manning's (self inflicted) reversal of fortune and the Congress of the People's lack of a better option at the time may have fooled him into believing his own rhetoric, and like many other flashes in the proverbial pan, is going to be the victim of a sudden and complete backlash when he tries to force reality to fit his facts.
Were I to give him (Anil) some advice, it would be to try to mature politically before he attacks those to whom he should consider himself beholding; I would also tell him that he is fooling no one, and that we all knew of his change of allegiance for quite some time; the real question is - is he having trouble getting his UNC shirt on over his head?
I figured him for an early candidate in the Jack Warner cult of personality currently swirling around the political bowl, and while I cannot say with certainty that it/they cannot cause some upheaval for a time, this is still a country of one point three million souls quite capable of telling sugar from, well what we know to not be sugar.
I wanted to deconstruct and pick apart all that was said of some key members of the Party (COP) in the referred to story, but that would be me playing along with this feeble attempt at misdirection; truth be told Anil's role here is a simple one - to continue to destabilize Dooks on his (Anil's) master's bidding, and if possible hobble the COP by extension.
I am sure I am not the only one who has seen through this tired ruse, and I am sure I am not the only one who is ready to say goodbye to the latest joker in the pack to think himself bigger than his britches.
Were I the Chairman of the Congress of the People I would convene a caucus to deal with this rude transgressor with some urgency so as to arrive at consensus and eject him with such speed, the door knob would hit him where the good Lord spit him.
As the prophet David Michael Rudder sang (and my most used political quote) "in this pappyshow land, nearly everything is a pappyshow."
The COP gone F***ing mad !
ReplyDeleteThis too good to be true it has to be a sick joke Anil for COP leader, anyway I blame Dooks he should of stood his ground with his party and fight this election alone, but in his quest for power he settled for the crumbs and in return has made the COP the laughing stock of the political arena.
ReplyDeletewhere in the article did he say he WANTED to contest Dooks?
ReplyDeleteIlliteracy is a crime.
If the man could win a seat in parliament the man could win COP political leader (especially with Jack's backing). Look at KPB and the UNC. I know you have a particular love for the COP and I am almost certain you don't think your party would be that stupid, but I said that exact same thing about my constituency of D'Abadie/Omeara and look where we are now.
ReplyDelete