Monday, October 11, 2010

A Letter to Ish...

Dear Ish,

I hope this finds you well and in good spirits. I am sorry I had not written before but I did not know where to send this as I heard you were moving around a lot. Are you settled in as yet?

Moving can be such a hassle. How is your good buddy Steve?

I understand that the two of you have become quite the duo, thick as thieves they say, well done old boy. Still chomping on those Cubans?

Don't know if this is true or not, but I heard someone say that you're leaving for an extended stay overseas and I found that quite strange as you just moved into that all inclusive gated community. I gathered from the talks that you really aren't all that interested in traveling and were almost fighting it. Either way, be of good cheer and keep me in the loop so I know where to send correspondence in the future.

How are Brian and Russell and the boys?

Do you keep in touch?

I must confess that I haven't heard much from the old gang lately, been so out of the loop and it seems like everyone is keeping a low profile these days, but who isn't with all the crime. Trinidad is not what it used to be.

Those rascals eh, what a bunch. Looking back it seems like too much fun, like there should almost be a law against some of those shenanigans and schemes. I am smiling as I write this thinking of some of the exploits, the stuff of legend. 

As you have me here at my desk writing letters tonight I think I will shoot one off to Calder as well; Scamp that he is no one seems to know where to find him, but isn't that just like him though?

I would ask Patrick (they've always been close, he and Calder) but he's been in a foul mood since he lost his job in May of this year and they had to give up the house. Hazel says he isn't talking much and she's doing her best with him all things considered. You really have to give the old girl credit, it's been tough but she seems to be managing, thank God for Juliana and that church. 

If you pass through Florida on your trip you might want to look in on Lawrence, who I hear is rather sick at the moment. Seems he and Andre have been having all sorts of business troubles and he might be happy to see a kindred spirit.

Anyway, this was just to say hi and to remind you to keep in touch. Hope you have a wonderful stay and remember to send us postcards from your travels.

Warmest regards,

Your friends in Trinidad

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phillip,I don't know you--but you sure have me in splits!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.