Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Untying Gordion's Knot... (Free Ish & Steve)


Like Alexander the Great before me (no relation that I am aware of) who began his conquests by solving the fabled Gordion Knot, I have what I believe to be the best solution to Trinidad's own version of that famous puzzle - the ongoing continuing saga of Ish & Steve. Like its historical namesake, this legal entanglement seems to be getting tighter and more intractable with each new play and I would like to suggest a way out of all of the headaches and put an end to the hundreds of millions of dollars being spent in legal fees.

Set them free.

That's right.

Regardless of the charge, the current, present, past or even future crime, allegation, misrepresentation, let them go. Be it corruption, white collar, blue collar, black collar crime, jay walk or littering, set them free. If they have as much as an unpaid WASA bill give them an amnesty and return all invoices as paid in full. Instruct the state to make a no case submission on every legal matter they have pending before the local courts and set them absolutely free. Completely, and with no further matters whatsoever of any kind in this jurisdiction.

And now, free and unfettered and as strangers to the local courts, and having undone the principal legal impediment that quashed the extradition warrants signed against them in the first place, deliver them to Uncle Sam.

Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.