Some people ask me if I writing Calypso
How is my lyrics they hearing in the fiesta show
And how all of a sudden everybody saying
all the things that they know i used to be writing
I tell them no sah, eh eh, it wasn't me
And i need to say this to everyone categorically
and if all yuh think it so easy to write a song
then next year i coming hard and i taking the crown
I go sing how Kamla wasting everybody time
and Warner accuse Sharma of tiefing she wine
And Ramlogan couldn't find a piano with a map
How he so duncy they should make him wear a cap
How Cornelis like she really mad for true
And Justice Herbert Volney have a screw loose too
And Ramma De Jamma only like to pose
This will be my contribution to calypso...
I would sing how they fool we with the exchange
and how de whole blasted bunch sounding deranged
how de country cyah take four more years
because in ten short months dey done have we in tears
How Ish and Ferguson still ent gone nowhere
And if Ramlogan had his way they staying right here
All this extradition talk is to fool you and me
the deal was made with Royal Castle money
I will sing how Anil Roberts really dotish fuh so
How he end he career with de stupid Nicky Minaj show
And that Sandy in the Parliament only marking time
his stint in Government is the real big ass crime
And Nizam get a bligh cuz he and Kamla chummy
A Canadian Commissioner think all ah we chupidy
And how de people think is time he pack his bags and go
That would be my contribution to calypso...
I will tell them Roodal Monilal is a blasted louse
One setta style yet up to now he ent build one house
and since they gave him that Ministry
he flammin' heself all over town for all to see
And how he learning to play benefactor
now that his wife is a big CEPEP contractor
I want to tell him this one for true
be careful what doh meet yuh doh pass yuh too
I want to sing about our modern day Ali Baba
Our teflon don, Austin Jack Warner
How I hear him tell Jennings he go spit on he
I fraid cause I ent want none of he nasty spit to fall on me
but when I hear he sharing contract like peas
and putting Barbie dolls to work wherever he please
I want to tell him clear so he will know
He is my real reason for writing calypso...
They say Phillip sing nah, sing it loud and true
how any topical thing under the sun will do
If I sing I want to sing against hypocrisy
and about what passing for patriotism in this country
how people who doh have no set a qualification
other than to put money in the UNC pan
all of a sudden they jump up and living like Lords
Getting fancy position to sit on State Boards
Tell them if and when I come I go be coming hard
And if I sing at all I singing for Trinidad
I want to call their names for everyone to see
all of the shirt and tie bandits who robbing we
I want to sing against the rabid Party supporters
who not even good enough for dog shit cleaners
who contribute to all the mess in sweet Trinbago
and make me have to come out and sing this calypso
Joo-bai...

Brilliant. I sharing with the world.
ReplyDeleteOMG,this is really good Phillip! I sharing too!
ReplyDelete