Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Calling a Spade a Spade... (Show Me Your Motion IV)
“Mis-tah Spea-kah, I have here in my hand one side of what used to be a pair of socks.”
A hush falls over the Parliament.
“Now I am not saying that I know where this one side of socks came from, only that I now have it in my hand for all to see, but I want to point out to everyone present and those watching the live broadcast, that the other side of this pair of socks (pause for dramatic effect) is missing.”
Excited murmurs fills the Chamber.
The Speaker rushes to his feet. “Quiet, quiet all of you, I will not have this circus turned into a debate!”
He glares around the room, few meet his gaze, one MP begins to sob quietly.
“Carry on Member.”
Loud desk thumping heard throughout the Chamber.
The Member rises dramatically to his full height.
“Mis-tah Spea-kah, there is something else I need to mention, and I make no apologies for what I am about to say and I am making no accusations, but I have received a message on my neighbour's voicemail which I listen to from time to time, and that message said quite clearly, that someone in this very House knows where the other side of this socks is.”
Open pandemonium breaks out. The Speaker, in rushing to his feet to quell the now uproarious behavior trips over his gown and falls head first into the Chamber. He madly scampers to his feet while the Master at Arms rushes to his assistance. “Quiet I say” He shrieks, although at this point it is hard to hear him above the din. He removes his shoe and strikes the heel repeatedly on the table until the noise slowly begins to subside.
“I will have ORDER!”
A shout is heard “Make them lift up their pants and prove they all wearing socks”
Shout from the other side
“Since when all yuh wearing socks?”
"Yuh tief dat from yuh neighbour clothes line or wa?"
“The Speaker spins in the direction of the disturbance “Quiet I say, or I will have you physically removed.”
The room grows once again silent, and the Speaker, realizing that he is standing in front of the Speaker's chair with his legs akimbo and his gown pulled up to one side, fixes himself as best as he can manage and, with the assistance of the Master at Arms, climbs back into the Speaker's chair, and rises.
“Will the Member be willing to continue?”
The Member momentarily rises.
“Yes M'lud.”
The Speaker rises.
“Very well then, continue.”
The Member rises amidst loud and enthusiastic thumping.
When I was younger the Mighty Explainer sang a song called 'In Parliament they Kicksin' and I cannot help but think of that song while following the farce that our House of Representatives has become. I have watched over the past three years men and women of transient integrity ascribe themselves the title 'Honorable' while behaving as anything but. We have become Alice's Wonderland where anything you can think possible can happen. Imagine if you will, the Leader of the Opposition leads a march of fifty thousand strong against a man whom he said then he believed to be an enemy of the people, and of decency, and of morality in public affairs, but now that this same man is no longer a part of the government but still has money to burn and power to share, openly flirts with him on national television, sending a message to his supporters that he too believes in the maxim that yesterday was yesterday, and today is today.
Now no one has integrity and everyone is to blame. See what happens when greed and ambition are the only qualities that you bring to the table?
I want to publicly congratulate the Acting Commissioner of Police for having the testicular fortitude to say what the majority of us already believe, that this entire 'emailgate' fiasco is nothing but a sham. I have said from the start that the only way forward was to verify the evidence and authenticate the emails and I have never deviated from that.
The only one who ever knew the truth about any of this all along has been Dr. Keith Rowley. He is the ringmaster of this circus, he is the one who told us that the badly done transcripts were copied from actual emails by someone else, someone he calls a whistleblower. It is my view that Dr. Rowley needs to be asked to either put up or shut up. He needs to either provide the whistleblower or the whistleblower's foundation evidence to prove the authenticity of these claims, or admit that it was a fraud all along and face the consequences of his actions. It is time to bring this circus to a close one way or the other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.