ying the people needlessly over crime plans and statistics the minister unilaterally decided in a demonstration of clear and decisive leadership to do all the worrying for the citizens and cut them out of the loop. Want to see leadership in action? Check this out for good measure. The only things that were keeping the government from getting down to making a real dent in the fight against crime were clearly the chain of command, the law and the separation of powers, so what did this powerful and charismatic (I want to say maximum but I am afraid of making him blush) leader do? He ignored the rules completely so as to have his way as any determined and strong leader would.
Surely this is an act for which this man must be commended and I daresay we should appoint a committee to deal with him
properly and in a manner fitting to what he deserves and more. In ancient times conquering heroes were hoisted onto the shoulders of the grateful citizenry and might I suggest we return to those simpler times and have Jack hoisted as well? And surely and based on the symbolism, if the greater the act the higher the hoisting then surely we should be hoisting him up as high as we could. Are there others in this government worthy of a good hoisting as well? Of course. The Attorney General immediately springs to mind and, while he is no Jack Warner, that should not prevent him from being hoisted right alongside him, don't you agree? And to show respect for the whole Partnership concept why not hoist Daaga and Ramadhar as well and for good measure? Just to be even handed so that no one could say we were currying favors there ought to be a hoisting in Tobago too, and if the citizens of the sister isle want to hoist Ashworth Jack for any role he has played in bringing the country to where it is today then I say with lavish applause, hoist away.Surely this is an act for which this man must be commended and I daresay we should appoint a committee to deal with him
One can only hope that this new magnanimous style of governance spreads across the board and include other disturbing issues such as corruption. I mean, aren't we all tired of each new bombshell? Who may have misplaced which piano or which board in Chaguaramans may have gone rogue and is openly flouting appropriation and procurement laws? What does it matter? There are surely psychological benefits to keeping the news happy and friendly and I for one would not mind if all the channels on my television were all Suruj Rambachan and Glenn Ramadharsingh all the time. Think of the entertainment, the hi-jinx those two lovable characters get up to, it's just a thought but one that could surely work.
We are on a good road here and it needs to be highlighted and encouraged. Silver lining politics is more than just a touch of grey if one knows where to look. Take Herbert Volney for example. After being fired the former (now disgraced) Justice Minister and Member of Parliament for St. Joseph Herbert Volney used the budget debate to demonstrate how a real MP serves his community; dealing with issues that ran the gamut from education to sports, crime and traffic, the Minister figuratively combed his constituency in the Parliament and painted a picture of good management that ought to be emulated, and, if this is the result of a good firing then I would like to suggest that we fire them all. There is good in all of this and I daresay we are on solid ground here, so carry on....

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.